logo      pic

Frequently Asked Questions

Q:  Do I have to license my dog in the Village of Lake Hallie?
A: Yes, Dog licensing is done annually by March 31st of each year.  If you license your dog after March 31st there will be a $20.00 late fee.  Please remember to provide a copy of the Rabies certificate from your Veterinarian.  You can fill out the Dog License Application and bring it into the clerk's office for licensing.

Q: Is there a maximum number of dogs you can have?
A: Yes, there is a maximum of 3 dogs.

Q:  Do I need a burning permit to burn brush or lawn clippings?
A: Yes, Contact the Chippewa Fire District at (715) 723-9020 or http://chippewafiredistrict.com.

Q:  Who do I contact regarding building permits?
A:  Chippewa County Zoning at (715) 726-7940.

Q:  Do I have to recycle?
A:  Yes, you can ask your garbage hauler or use the Recycling Center.

Q:  Where are elections held for Village of Lake Hallie residents?
A:  Elections are held at the Village of Lake Hallie Municipal Building, located at 13136 30th Avenue, Lake Hallie, WI.  Election hours:  7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Q:  Where do I register to vote or obtain an Absentee Ballot?
A:  Contact the Clerk's Office at (715) 726-2660 or clerktreasurer@lakehallie.us .

Q:  Where do I pay my property tax bill?
A:  After property taxes are mailed in late December, any payments made by January 31st can be made at the Clerk's office located in the Municipal Building.  Any taxes paid after January 31st or any second installments should be paid at the Chippewa County Treasurer's Office located at the Chippewa County Courthouse, 711 North Bridge Street, Chippewa Falls, WI.

Q:  If I have a question on my assessed value of my home who do I contact?
A:  You can contact the Assessor for the Village of Lake Hallie.

Q:  How do I obtain a bartender/operator's license?
A:  You will need to complete the Bartender/Operator License Application and provide a copy of your certificate of completion and driver's license to the Clerk's office.

Q:  Who do I contact if my fire number is broke or missing?
A:  You can contact Russ Bauer at the Chippewa County Addressing Department (715) 726-7930.

Q:  Who do I contact if I have a question on my water bill?
A:  You can contact the Water Department at (715) 726-2660 ext 1.

Q:  I will be moving soon and who do I contact to have a final water reading done?
A:  You can contact the Water Department at (715) 726-2660 ext 1, but the change must be done in writing.  You may obtain a form at the Water Billing Office.


 Click for Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin Forecast